Welcome to La Goutte, a truly unique accommodation clinging to the cliffs along the river Célé; one of the treasures of France’s Lot department. This extraordinary accommodation has recently been lovingly restored, using natural materials such as limestone and oak beams. The cliff walls are integrated into the buildings, giving La Goutte its unique charm. Part of the river and bank belong to the property, creating a private swimming and cooling off area. Ample outside space and stunning views complete an unforgettable experience!
6-8 people, April-October
This distinctive accommodation consists of a main house and annex, rented out as a whole. It can accommodate 6 people, or 8 if there are small children in your party. The property is available for rent from April until the end of October.
Close to bakery and restaurants
La Goutte is situated 2 miles from the village of Marcilhac sur Célé, where you’ll find a bakery for fresh croissants and baguettes, and a number of restaurants.
The layout of the main house:
– A fully equipped kitchen with, among other things, a 3-burner gas hob, oven, extractor hood, microwave, Senseo, dishwasher, kettle, cutlery and sufficient cookware.
– A fridge / freezer combination and washing machine in the utility room.
– A spacious dining room equipped with a wood burning stove. A unique room with the rock walls as a striking feature. This room opens up to the terrace between the two buildings. Enjoy breakfast, lunch or diner with friends overlooking the river. You can even bake your own pizzas in the original limestone bread oven!
– Living room with flat screen TV and DVD player.
– A small enclosed terrace adjacent to the living room, perfect for reading, relaxing or enjoying the views.
– A bedroom with double bed and storage space. This bedroom opens up to the terrace on the west side of the property.
– A bathroom with walk-in shower, toilet and sink.
– A second bedroom with a double bed and storage space is reached by climbing three steps. This bedroom gives access to a second spacious terrace, shielded by the cliff.
– A low passage in the second bedroom provides access to a third room with a single bed. The height here is limited (1.75 meters in the middle). Ideal as a baby room, or – together with the second bedroom – as a private space for the kids.
The layout of the annex:
– Living / dining room featuring exposed rock walls, with a table, sofa, wood stove and flat screen TV.
– A small well-equipped kitchen with, among other things, a 2-burner gas stove, oven/microwave, fridge, coffee maker, kettle, cutlery and cooking utensils.
– Bathroom with walk-in shower, toilet and sink.
– Bedroom with sitting area and double bed. This bedroom gives access to the terrace on the east side. Here too, the rock walls are a striking feature of the room.
– Between the two houses is a terrace with a table and 6 chairs. It has a plancha, BBQ and even a traditional stone bread oven to bake your own pizzas!
– On the west side is a spacious terrace with a large couch and two chairs, perfect for an aperitif in the sun. Shielded by the overhanging cliffs, this is the place to relax, rain or shine.
– On the east side is a terrace with a bistro set. It offers stunning views and the best place to enjoy your morning coffee.
Each terrace offers a beautiful view of the river valley.
The surrounding area
The stunning valleys and cliffs of the Célé and Lot rivers dominate the landscape in this part of France. They are the perfect backdrop for charming villages like Saint Cirq Lapopie, built on overhanging rocks. Discover medieval villages, visit one of the number of caves open to the public or pick one of the many available trails for a hike. In the area there is ample opportunity for canoeing, wall climbing, caving, ballooning, fishing and more. Visit one of the many traditional weekly markets or enjoy the food in one of the charming local restaurants.